Abacería Molucas' Cereals & Grains
Cooking Buckwheat for hot or cold dishes
– 100 g washed buckwheat groats
– Boiling salted water 200 ml for 100 g buckwheat groats.
– Simmer for 20 minutes with the lid on.
– Then turn off the heat and leave to stand for 5 minutes.
– Separate the grains gently with a fork.
Cous Cous Seaweed
1. Hydrate the seaweed, well covered with water, for 25 minutes.
2. In a pot over a very low heat, add the ras al hanout with a little oil and toast for 2-3 minutes over a low heat to enhance the flavour.
3. Add the vegetable broth together with the dehydrated vegetables for 10 minutes.
Kamut with Salmon
- Soak the Kamut in plenty of water the night before. Drain and wash several times with water.
- Marinate the diced salmon with the spices and a dash of olive oil and set aside.
- Cook the Kamut in a pot with at least three times the amount of water. Leave to cook for between 1 and 1.5 hours.
- Drain the excess water and set aside.
- Choose a frying pan or pot with a wide base and heat with a splash of oil.
- Brown the salmon until seared so that it does not lose its juices, but do not overcook and set aside.
- In the same pan, sauté the Kamut so that it absorbs the flavours of the salmon.
- Serve with the salmon on top.
- Garnish with a little dill.
- Enjoy it!
Avocado and Quinoa Tartare
– 125 gr White Quinoa
– 125 gr Red Quinoa
– 1 avocado
– 1 tomato
– 1/2 red onion
– Pinch of ground mustard
– Pinch of pink pepper
– 2 tbsp olive oil
– Juice of 1/2 Lemon
– Parsley and coriander
- Cut the onion into julienne strips and put it in a bowl, covering it with water and a spoonful of salt.
- Heat a pot with plenty of water and when it starts to boil, add the two quinoas and leave to cook for about 15 minutes.
- Dice the avocado and tomato and set aside.
- Mix the spices to taste with the oil, salt and lemon juice.
- Drain the quinoa in a fine sieve, soaking it in cold water to stop it cooking and cool it.
- Combine the quinoa, avocado, tomato and spices with the juice in a bowl.
- Use a pastry cutter to place the ingredients on the plate
- Drain the red onion, rinse to remove excess salt and garnish on top.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil and some fresh parsley and coriander leaves.